- If my child is now 5½, but will turn 6 before the competition happens. Can I still register my child for the competition?
Please note the age group your child is eligible to participate in is as of December 31st, 2020.
- Which address should I enter if I plan to move in the next few months?
The region you’ll be participating in is the region at the time of registration.
- Can I defer my registration to next year if I decide not to participate?
Please notify us if your child will not be participating by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I mailed my cheque payment to the SBOC office and have not received confirmation.
The registration team will send you an email notification upon receipt of the cheque payment.
Please contact the registration team if you do not receive confirmation within 2 weeks of your mail to email@example.com.
- Which registration packages are suitable for visually impaired students?
Please communicate your child’s needs for accommodation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Study Guide can be provided as a Word document or alternative format.
- I’ve registered for the Basic package. Will I receive any training in the spelling bee rules?
All registrants are eligible to attend the Rules and Regulations webinar.
More updates will become available in the registrant’s account dashboard and by email.
- I’ve registered for the Advanced package. When will I receive information on accessing the Online Learning Platform?
A link to the platform will be posted in your profile on May 1, 2021. You must log in to access the platform through the registrant’s account.
If you experience difficulties accessing the website, please contact email@example.com.
- I’ve registered for the Expert package. When will I hear about the Coaching Session schedule so I can confirm the dates?
Coaching will take place June 12th, 2021 - June 20th, 2021 on Saturdays and Sundays between 9am - 5pm EDT.
Additional sesions will be added as needed.
Please log in to access your SBOC account to check available dates and to request your preferred dates. Coaching session spots are limited to 30 students and are first come first serve.
- What format are the competitions this year? Will it be online?
The chapter and championship competitions will be held online in 2021. Training on how to virtually participate will be outlined during the Rules and Regulations webinar.
- I have completed registration, but I have not received my competition dates. When will my competition day be confirmed?
Your competition and chapter will be confirmed by June 1st, 2021. All competitions will take place between mid-July until the end of August.
The 2021 virtual spelling bee competition schedule is now available in your SBOC Account upon logging in.
- If a participant is not available on the date that the spelling bee competition is scheduled, can I switch to another date?
Currently, we do not allow participants to switch dates unless they have a special circumstance and can provide documentation. The Board of Directors will review accommodation on a case-by-case basis.