2021 Regional Competitions
Spelling Bee of Canada is hosting the 34th edition of SBOC regional competitions across Canada between July 31st - August 31st, 2021!
Spelling Bee of Canada (www.spellingbeeofcanada.ca) is a nationally recognized non-profit organization that promotes literacy. Competitions are held regionally across Canada followed by a National Championship.
We are looking to hire event managers for these competitions that will be hosted on zoom. Applicants will be selected based on the information below and compensated on hourly rates.
- Verifying technical issues or requests during the competition check-in for contestants and SBOC officials
- Create zoom breakout rooms & manage participants effectively and efficiently (auto-split, manual split, movement of persons between rooms)
- Use a google sheet in communication with the resource person to identify and manage the order of contestants
- Competitions will run on weekends between July 31st – August 31st
- Must be available to commit to 8-9 hours for at least 1 working shift (9am – 6pm local time, with breaks included).
- Moderate technical computer skills; fast internet connection, experience with moderating Zoom functions
Training will be provided and is required.
Please visit this google form to apply for this volunteer position.
Application deadline: July 11th, 2021 at 11:59PM EDT.